Re: [squid-users] Squid GET format

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:54:20 +0200

mån 2006-04-24 klockan 09:22 -0400 skrev Sketch:

> Does rproxy break cache digesting?

No, not at all.

Or at least not unless you use per-port tagging of requests to split the
cache (urlgroup port option). And if the port tags used are the same
Digest would continue to function even if tagging is used I think (not
verified)..

> The squid peers expect the get
> request to be in host/path format, correct?

With the rproxy patch there is a concept of an origin server peer, which
adjusts the HTTP protocol accordingly

  Requests sent using URI-path instead of absolute URLs (i.e. GET /
instead of GET http://www.example.com/)

  "Connection: keep-alive" instead of "Proxy-Connection: keep-alive".

  Authorization instead of Proxy-Authorization when using a peer login
(login=... cache_peer option)

  and a few other small protocol changes I do not remember right now.