Re: [squid-users] Squid GET format

From: Sketch <sketchster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:16:55 -0400

On 4/24/06, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> mån 2006-04-24 klockan 09:22 -0400 skrev Sketch:
>
> > Does rproxy break cache digesting?
>
> No, not at all.

Thanks!

> > The squid peers expect the get
> > request to be in host/path format, correct?
>
> With the rproxy patch there is a concept of an origin server peer, which
> adjusts the HTTP protocol accordingly
>
> Requests sent using URI-path instead of absolute URLs (i.e. GET /
> instead of GET http://www.example.com/)
>
> "Connection: keep-alive" instead of "Proxy-Connection: keep-alive".
>
> Authorization instead of Proxy-Authorization when using a peer login
> (login=... cache_peer option)
>
> and a few other small protocol changes I do not remember right now.

Henrik,

You mentioned that with rproxy the get format is an option in the
squid.conf. I've checked the following site out, and I cannot find
any information on the squid.conf settingsL:
http://devel.squid-cache.org/rproxy/. Are you aware of a definitive
source of documentation for rproxy?

Thanks again for all your help!