Re: [squid-users] Cache fetching

From: Wennie V. Lagmay <wlagmay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:21:29 +0300

Henrik,

forgive me for my stupidity, but I just want to clear this setup, I really
dont understand it because I never use and see cachemanager menu. Ok does it
mean that I can issue a command on linux command promt with "squidclient
mgr:offline_toggle" or add a line inside the squid config with
"cache_object://localhost:3128/offline_toggle"

Remember my objective is to set automatically the offline_mode to "ON" when
there is no bandwitdh available, so that the squid will never validate
cached objects and will give dead pages to the clients, then turning if
"OFF" when the bandwidth is available so that squid will validate
cached_objects.

Can you please provide me with a quidelines or link so that I can understand
the procedure on how am I going to do it.

Thank you ver much for your usual support

Regards,

Wennie