Re: [squid-users] Howto Clear Cache Periodicaly

From: Guillaume Vachon <gvachon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:25:38 -0400

Hello,

--------
Make sure that your disk access performance, for instance, is adequate
for the SQUID induced disk I/O load.

For the computer that is running Squid it is a Dual core 3 ghz, there is
2 gig of ram. The disk are scsi. I don't think that it is the machine
that is having the probleme. There is no probleme with the access to
disk.
--------

There might be solution somewhere. I mean I should not have to reset my
cache. The computer is strong enough. But still it went really slow (so
slow that browsing the web was imposible)and restarting squid with a new
cache solved the problem. What can I do to be sure that this does not
happen again

Thanks in advance
Guillaume